Always a clear goal in sight
Motorsport driver with a passion: As a child, Thomas Preining already got a whiff of motorsport air due to his father participating in motorbike sport in the 1990ies. Thomas's own career began like that of so many other motorsport drivers in karting. The Austrian steered his first kart at the age of seven during a holiday on Mallorca. Since then, the enthusiasm for the racetrack has not let him go. Confident and with nerves of steel – that defines him to this day. And that is how he won the junior Kart championship five times in his youth until he entered Formula 4 in 2015.
A year later, Thomas participated in the Porsche Motorsport Junior Shoot-out – and prevailed against over a hundred young talents. A steep career rise began: Directly in his first year as Porsche Junior Driver 2017, he took the second place of the Rookie Classification in the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany. In 2018, he drove the fastest lap in the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany and took the first place on the podium.
First DTM victory ever
Since 2022, he races in the DTM. Not only a grand start for him, but a full success for Porsche as well. Because his victory on the Norisring was the first DTM triumph for Porsche. And it almost seems like the Norisring is due to become a very special track for the well-trained fitness and karting fan. Even a year later, in the summer of 2023, the 25-year-old steered his Porsche 911 GT3 R #9 effortlessly across the finish line and took the top of the podium. Strong-willed with an outstanding driving technique and clear focus for the next race: That is how Thomas wants to continue in the DTM and break new records.
When you know what you want, motivation is never an issue!
Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters
- 2023: 1st spot on the Norisring
- 2022: 5th spot of the driver championship with two gold and two bronze
Porsche Carrera Cup
- 2018, Germany: 1. Platz der allgemeinen Meisterschaft mit zehnmal Gold und zweimal Silber
Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup
- 2018: 1st spot of the overall championship; 3rd spot of the driver championship with four gold and one bronze
ADAC GT Masters
- 2021: 13th spot with two bronze
- 2019: 13th spot with one gold
GT World Challenge Europe
- 2020: 8th spot of the team championship with two silver and one bronze
International GT Challenge
- 2020: 17th spot of the driver championship