Motorsport is in Matt Campbell’s blood: His grandfather Bill was involved in the development of the local racetrack Morgan Park Raceway in Queensland, Australia. So, it was only natural for Matt to develop his driving skill in his childhood years.
At 14-years-old, he took his leave from his home racetrack to the Formula Ford. After that, at the end of 2013, Matt Campbell entered the cockpit of a Porsche race car for the first time. A connection was born from that very first moment and after three years in various Porsche one-make series, Campbell was chosen as Porsche Junior driver. Another year later, he became a Porsche Young Professional Driver.
For the Australian, being a factory driver for the Porsche Penske Motorsport Team is filled with highlights: beside his motorsport experience, his hobbies travelling and sim racing are just the right fit.
My goal? Winning at the top level of prototype and endurance racing.
His will to win is indisputable: Matt Campbell has already won against far more experienced drivers and in less powerful vehicles. With the Porsche Penske Motorsport Team, he is ready to give his all.
IMSA WeatherTech SuperCar Championship
- 2019, GTD-class: 1st place on the Road America
- 2020, GTLM-class: 1st place in Petit Le Mans, 3rd place in Daytona
- 2021, GTLM-class: 1st place in Sebring, Road America and Petit Le Mans, with 2 further podiums
- 2022, GTD Pro-class: 1st place of overall ranking with 4 victories and 3 podiums
World Endurance Championship (WEC)
- 2018 – 2019, GTE Am-class: 2nd place in overall ranking, 1st place in Shanghai, Sebring und Spa, 2nd place in Le Mans
- 2019 – 2020, GTE Am-class: 2nd place in Spa and Le Mans
- 2021, GTE Am-class: 3rd place of overall ranking with 2 podiums
Porsche one-make series
- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Australia 2014, B-classification: 1st place of overall ranking
- Porsche GT3 Cup Australia 2014: 4th place of overall ranking
- Porsche Carrera Cup Australia 2015: 3rd place of overall ranking
- Porsche Carrera Cup Australia 2016: 1st place of overall ranking
- Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup 2017: 3rd place of overall ranking
Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12
- 2017: 2nd place of overal ranking
- 2018, GTE Am-class: 2nd place overall ranking
Intercontinental GT Challenge
- 2019, Pro-Klasse: 1st place in Bathhurst, 3rd place in Suzuka
- 2020: 2nd place of overall ranking with 3 podiums
GT World Challenge Europe
- 2020: 2nd place of overall ranking with 2 podiums
- 2021: 1st place in the Paul Ricard 1000 km
- Queensland Super Sprint Series
2013: 1st place of overall ranking
- Australian Supercars Endurance Races
2017: 4st place of overall ranking
- 24h of Barcelona
2018: 1st place of overall ranking
- VLN Endurance Racing Championship Nürburgring:
2021: 1 podium